POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Black ends of cylindrical lights : Re: Black ends of cylindrical lights Server Time
29 Jul 2024 16:26:58 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Black ends of cylindrical lights
From: Ard
Date: 24 Jun 2005 20:15:00
Message: <web.42bca198bd7481d39a0bf9720@news.povray.org>
> That is such a strange behaviour -- and a scene-breaker.  I've never used
[...]
> Is it known if this issue is tested for in the Pov-Ray 3.7 beta?
[...]
> What I should have said:  In that scene, the green box is "burnt right
> through" by the cylindrical light behind it when the "interior {media}" line
> is used, but is correct with media commented out.

In the more complicated scene that first displayed this behaviour, one
object *was* mapped on top of the black disc.  It was about 0.1u behind the
aperture, in a light_group lit by a source about 0.05u away - the
extremely-brightly lit insides of the real-world spotlight behind the
origin of the POV cylindrical light.  So some things do show through.  Not
that that makes any difference, but it's another observation to throw on
the pile.

Anyway, how can I bring this to the attention of the developers (my
apologies for not recognising you, if you are one) and make sure it is
tracked?

Thanks again.