POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Legal use of textures and fonts : Legal use of textures and fonts Server Time
29 Jul 2024 16:34:01 EDT (-0400)
  Legal use of textures and fonts
From: TTL
Date: 10 Jun 2005 15:20:01
Message: <web.42a9e6ac6ad39e957ef481d80@news.povray.org>
Hi,
I have made picture, using the included textures from KPovModeler (they seem
to be equivalent with those from POV-Ray in the "include" directory). I
have copy and pasted some textures to my source code and use them in the
original and modified form in my image. Is there anything I must be caution
before I publish the picture and source code on the web? (I want to send it
to Internet Ray Tracing Competition).
Moreover my picture contains a letter lying on a table, which I wrote with
OpenOffice. I don't know which terms of use regards to the used fonts (or
how to find them out). (I think they were part of the installation of
OpenOffice but I am not 100% sure).
The fonts are visible like someone made a screenshot or printed them out.
Would there be any problem with that?

Thank you.