POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Exporting a CSG. : Exporting a CSG. Server Time
29 Jul 2024 18:22:14 EDT (-0400)
  Exporting a CSG.
From: Carl
Date: 10 Jun 2005 10:10:01
Message: <web.42a99e871e3351d870dc520d0@news.povray.org>
Hello,

   I've shared this code here before.

http://www.wwwmwww.com/TRON/LightCycle.pov

It's a light cycle from the movie TRON.  Anyways its gained the attention of
some other TRON fans that would like to play with it in either 3D studio
Max (.3ds) or Lightwave (.lwo) formats.  I'm not familiar with either and
they aren't familiar with POV-Ray however I'd like to help them out if I
can.  Anyone got some advice?  They found this:

http://www.tb-software.com/format_info.html

which neither of us are familiar with however I see this "import: only plain
mesh/mesh2/triangle/smooth_triangle objects" in the POV-Ray line.  As my
light cycle is a CSG it sounds like that isn't the solution.  I'm all ears
if anyone here has any ideas.

Thanks,
Carl