POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Photons, media, and caustics : Re: Photons, media, and caustics Server Time
29 Jul 2024 18:26:17 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Photons, media, and caustics
From: Lonnie
Date: 9 Jun 2005 23:20:00
Message: <web.42a9067e43860d5e3cb015b90@news.povray.org>
"Slime" <fak### [at] emailaddress> wrote:
> > > I think you need a photons {pass_through} on your media container.
> >
> > Thanks Mienai, that fixed everything.
>
> Hmm, why was that necessary? Shouldn't photons pass through the transparent
> surface anyway?
>
>  - Slime
>  [ http://www.slimeland.com/ ]

Apparently they will not, but I need to run a LOT more tests using photons,
media, and radiosity together.  All I am sure of is that once I made the
media container a target I got explosive chroma dispersion, both on solid
surfaces and in the media - which is what I was after.  I still find no
mention of this in the documentation.  It is posted in binaries/images.
"Torture...  Temple of Alden"