POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : problem with orthographic camera : Re: problem with orthographic camera Server Time
29 Jul 2024 18:21:19 EDT (-0400)
  Re: problem with orthographic camera
From: Zeta777
Date: 8 Jun 2005 04:50:01
Message: <web.42a6b02e45e514d8ec9af3200@news.povray.org>
"Slime" <fak### [at] emailaddress> wrote:

> Are the objects that don't appear:
>
>  - really close to the camera (like within one unit)? Orthographic cameras
> don't display objects closer than the camera's direction vector, I believe.
> Actually, according to the documentation, this could be the problem even if
> they're closer than the look_at vector.
>  - really far away (like in the millions of units or more)?
>  - really huge or really tiny (like in the millions or millionths of units)?
>
> Only some of the objects are invisible, right? (If *all* of them are, the
> problem could be something simple like no light source or camera facing the
> wrong way or something.)
>
>  - Slime
>  [ http://www.slimeland.com/ ]

After having read your answer i tried to move the camera away from the
objects, and I think that it was too close of the objects, because now
every object is drawned. Thanks Slime.

In fact I have an other problem, I can't get the up and right vector at a
good size, so that the view is the same as my opengl application. Does
someone would have an hint to solve that problem ?

Thanks
Bye