POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Can povray ignore errors in scene definitions? : Re: Can povray ignore errors in scene definitions? Server Time
29 Jul 2024 18:28:20 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Can povray ignore errors in scene definitions?
From: JYR
Date: 7 Jun 2005 18:45:00
Message: <web.42a622f78c14f4446a3607400@news.povray.org>
Alain <ele### [at] netscapenet> wrote:
> The behaviour I expect: there is a degenerate <anything>, issue a warning,
> completely ignore that element, proceed with the rest of the scene.

hmm, could we go as far as saying that there is a consistency issue? A
degenerate cylinder gives a parse error. I could imagine at least one good
reason for that: POV-Ray prevents the caps of the cylinder from being
co-incident surfaces. Now, a degenerate box (with one and only one
dimension set to 0) raises no error, no warning, and is rendered as a
rectangle with no thickness... Am i missing something?

JYR