POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : [feature request] Warning message if no radiosity file found? : [feature request] Warning message if no radiosity file found? Server Time
1 Aug 2024 18:21:29 EDT (-0400)
  [feature request] Warning message if no radiosity file found?
From: JYR
Date: 7 Jun 2005 11:05:01
Message: <web.42a5b6e794ade2da6a3607400@news.povray.org>
Hi all!
Ok, i just did something plain stupid and now i'm blaming POV-Ray's team for
not fool-proofing their software well enough  :)
Seriously: i'm reusing a radiosity data file for the final render of my IRTC
submission. I moved my SDL files to a new directory and forgot to move the
radiosity file accordingly. I launched the render for the night, and this
morning, i discovered a picture full of artifacts with a plain wrong
lighting.
When a radiosity file is used (and properly loaded), there's a message
stating "Reloaded xxxxx values from radiosity cache file". Would it be
possible, or is it already planned, to have an explicit message if the file
isn't found, such as "Radiosity cache file not found, no values reloaded",
instead of just no message at all?

Thanks!

JYR

PS: the ability to store and reuse radiosity data is indeed a great feature!