POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : clear glass with transparent liquid inside... : clear glass with transparent liquid inside... Server Time
1 Aug 2024 18:24:22 EDT (-0400)
  clear glass with transparent liquid inside...
From: lordcontrary
Date: 3 Jun 2005 14:35:01
Message: <web.42a0a19cceb3a019b608bc930@news.povray.org>
Okay basically I'm attempting to render a beer mug with beer in it.

Using wings3d I constructed the Mug model...

Using model of mug I created the fluid in the glass... ( I extracted only
the polygons on the INSIDE of the glass to do this...)  then... I exported
both meshs into .obj files

------

Using Poseray I rewound the triangles and normals on the the fluid for the
mug... this was needed -concidering how i obtained the fluid volume in the
first place from the mug triangles.

Using Poseray I converted both models to povray files...

-----
Using povray 3.6.1 I rendered the Mug & mug fluid...

RESULTS:

  -The Mug by itself is just great... transparent... nice... cool.

  -The Fluid by itself... just as nice.

  -When the fluid is in the mug, you can see the fluid color ONLY if veiwed
from birds eye into glass.

  If I enlarge the volume of the fluid to be slightly larger than the
interior volume of the mug ( but still inside the glass of the mug ) then I
can see the color of the fluid...  BUT this is obviously flawed.

------------

  So my question is what have i done wrong?  ;)

  other notes:

     glass is "hollow"
     have tried hollow and not hollow fluid...

     As long as the mesh for the fluid is up against the mesh for the glass
then I can see no color... but this is the accurate physical
representation....
ERRRRRR
  Anyone else ever try this...

  I will post some code if asked but note my data files for geometry are to
large to post... I would have to generate something smaller.

TIA lordcontrary