POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.windows : Accents in a string for 'uv_mapping' : Re: Accents in a string for 'uv_mapping' Server Time
26 Jun 2024 02:51:44 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Accents in a string for 'uv_mapping'
From: Lionel
Date: 1 Jun 2005 10:40:00
Message: <web.429dc7d151f18563a6130c470@news.povray.org>
Hi Mike,

Thank you for this answer.

You propose to use charset ISO-8859-1, but is it for global_settings ? Like
this ;

global_settings {
  charset ISO-8859-1
}

or in a .ini file or other ?

Because in POV Ray for Windows Help in section 3.3.3.6  Charset

There exist only three type:

-"ascii only standard ASCII character codes in the range from 0 to 127 are
valid".
 This set is to restricted for me.

 -"utf8 is a special Unicode text encoding and it allows you to specify
characters of nearly all languages in use today. We suggest you use a text
editor with the capability to export text to UTF8 to generate input files."
 This doesn't work...

- The last possible option is to use a system specific character set. For
details about the sys character set option refer to the platform specific
documentation.
 Well, I don't know where I could find informations on it. Perhaps it is the
solution..

And no ISO-8859-1. (I tried it nevertheless, but a parse error occurs)
That's sad because it is certainly what I'm looking for !!
ISO-8859-1 contains, a priori, all character that I could find on French
Windows system file.

It is the same problem for jpeg & gif...

Sincerly,

Lionel