POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.windows : Accents in a string for 'uv_mapping' : Accents in a string for 'uv_mapping' Server Time
26 Jun 2024 02:43:49 EDT (-0400)
  Accents in a string for 'uv_mapping'
From: Lionel
Date: 1 Jun 2005 09:00:01
Message: <web.429db02b767e44eba6130c470@news.povray.org>
Hi everybody,

I'm working on windows XP, and I want to use French accents in a string with
'sys'  specific command for .bmp format in uv_mapping.

But I have some problem with it :

with acute) letter strangely
..

I read that I must specified :

global_settings {
 charset utf8
}

In order to work with special character like the French accents.

It work well for 'text' object (like in example ttf1.pov)

text { ttf "C:WINDOWSFontsarial.TTF", "Mu00e9tal" ...

But not with 'sys' command in uv_mapping !! (I have got the same problem
with 'gif' 'jpeg' and the others format.)

I have tried several things but in vain ( u00e9 ==  small letter e with
acute ) :

texture {
uv_mapping pigment {
 image_map{

 }
}

POV Ray : Parse Error : Error opening BMP image ' C:WindowsTextureM l.bmp'

Why M...l ?

-------------------------------------

texture {
uv_mapping pigment {
 image_map{
  sys "C:WindowsTextureMu00e9tal.bmp"
 }
}

POV Ray : Parse Error : Error opening BMP image
'C:WindowsTextureMu00e9l.bmp'

Ok so 'u00e9' is read as this.. But it is not what I want ...:o(

-----------------------------------

#declare Text =  "C:\Windows\Texture\Mu00e9tal.bmp"

texture {
 uv_mapping pigment {
  image_map{
  sys Text
 }
}

POV Ray : Parse Error : Error opening BMP image 'C:WindowsTextureM tal.bmp'

-----------------------------------

And at last

texture {
 uv_mapping pigment {
  image_map{
  sys Text
 }
}

POV Ray : Parse Error : Error opening BMP image 'C:WindowsTextureM l.bmp'

character ???

Has someone an idea ?

Any suggest that could help me is welcome.

Lionel