POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : Liquid animation 7 : Re: Liquid animation 7 Server Time
8 Jul 2024 08:41:38 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Liquid animation 7
From: triple r
Date: 29 May 2005 11:35:00
Message: <web.4299e0ed445c3667e702b90a0@news.povray.org>
"fidos" <fid### [at] wanadoofr> wrote:
> It is the same simulation settings than in my last post : a cube falling in
> a cup of water.

Splash!    Splash??  I have done some of this stuff with limited success, so
first things first, that is an amazing simulation.  Excellent work.  BUT,
it does look too viscous and there is no splash.  I'm not critiquing your
work, only the limitations of the model.  I don't know how the viscosity
could be decreased since the only viscosity is due to the model itself, not
a viscosity term, but is it possible to add some particles?  Maybe if the
surface of the liquid decelerates too quickly, it will spawn blob particles
or something.  I've seen some work before with a mixture of simple
particles and grid-based fluid simulation.  (Also particle-based fluid
simulation, but that's another topic altogether.)  Maybe not worth the
trouble or possible, but the lack of a splash in a face-to-face collision
seems fishy - no pun intended.  Ooh, maybe a goldfish?

- Ricky