POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Problems Rendering on Mac OS X : Re: Problems Rendering on Mac OS X Server Time
29 Jul 2024 18:24:26 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Problems Rendering on Mac OS X
From: Dave
Date: 29 May 2005 10:35:00
Message: <web.4299d20cfeeef0b5f492a3430@news.povray.org>
"Renderdog" <slo### [at] hiwaaynet> wrote:
> Are you saving your files as *.pov files?
I don't know what they're getting saved as.  To make a file, I choose "New"
from the File menu and then "Save" when I'm ready.  There isn't an option
to choose what kind of file to save it as, that I've found.

> Under Edit... Preferences... Files tab you can chose to render
> non *.pov files (a check-box).
Aha!  I had that checked.  So evidently my files aren't getting saved as
....pov files, or I would've been able to render them.

Perhaps what's happening is that POVRay only checks the display name of the
file "#1" instead of the full name of the file "#1.pov"....?

> When you set the include path are you using the
> Edit... Preferences... Scenes tab to set the Global Include Path?
It seems to be working now!  =D

Thanks very much, Mark (and klp and Bob)!  Time to spend a day playing with
this!  =D

Dave