POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Problems Rendering on Mac OS X : Re: Problems Rendering on Mac OS X Server Time
29 Jul 2024 18:16:32 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Problems Rendering on Mac OS X
From: Dave
Date: 28 May 2005 16:30:01
Message: <web.4298d3a0feeef0b5f492a3430@news.povray.org>
kurtz le pirate <kur### [at] yahoofr> wrote:
> hum... have you an error message ?
>
> perhaps, look carefully at this path :
>   "Dave's iBook:Applications:POV-Ray 3.6:includes:"

That path was auto-generated by pushing the "Choose" button, selecting the
includes folder, and clicking "OK".  If it's wrong, then POVRay is
incorrectly  handling the path.

I try to render the benchmark from the Render menu (that's the only option
available to choose), and the Message window says:
 "Possible Parse Error: Could not find file 'functions.inc'
File benchmark.pov line 3

Parse Error: Cannot open include file functions.inc.
File benchmark.pov line 3"

But even when I don't have any include statements and just have:
camera {
 location <0,-10,10>
 look_at <0,0,0>
}
light_source {
 <0,-11,-11>
 pigment { color rgb <1,1,1> }
}
sphere {
 <0,0,0> 5
 pigment { rgb <1,1,1> }
}

I still can't render.  This is driving me nuts!  This looked so promising,
but I'm about ready to give it up as useless.  =P

Thanks,

Dave