POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Problems Rendering on Mac OS X : Problems Rendering on Mac OS X Server Time
29 Jul 2024 18:24:26 EDT (-0400)
  Problems Rendering on Mac OS X
From: Dave
Date: 28 May 2005 10:25:00
Message: <web.42987e8cea563922f492a3430@news.povray.org>
Hi everyone,

I found POVRay last night, and it's making a strange sort of sense to me.
However, I'm having some problems rendering.  I'm going through the
documentation and trying various snippets that I find in there, and I'm
currently working on the classic "red sphere".  When I first tried it, it
would render very dark, so I thought I would try moving the light source
around.  Now I can't render it at all.

The "Render 'sphere'" menu item is grayed out.  I can add the file to the
render queue, then start the queue, but POVRay brings the code window
forward and beeps at me, and no rendering takes place.

I have a feeling that POVRay doesn't know where my includes folder is.  In
the preferences window (Scenes tab), I specified the path to the folder:
"Dave's iBook:Applications:POV-Ray 3.6:include:", but I still can't render.

Any ideas on how to continue?

Thanks!

Dave