POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Camera distance calculation : Re: Camera distance calculation Server Time
1 Aug 2024 20:10:13 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Camera distance calculation
From: Sigma
Date: 24 May 2005 05:15:00
Message: <web.4292f061ccb775db711f65090@news.povray.org>
Hey thanks...

I've started looking into transformations which I hope would replace the
default depth with the proper equation.  Because I don't know if fisheye
(which works well for many things) is technically correct, even though it
looks like it.  Also the view is less than the actual angle specified (but
that most fixable).  I've just started looking at the transformations
today, but I figure there must be a way to change the z values used to
divide for depth (Would I need to modify Xz, Yz, and Zz?)