POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : color modulation in textures : Re: color modulation in textures Server Time
30 Jul 2024 00:20:19 EDT (-0400)
  Re: color modulation in textures
From: Loki
Date: 12 May 2005 05:25:00
Message: <web.4283200d9d44ff212e4c26f50@news.povray.org>
Warp <war### [at] tagpovrayorg> wrote:
> Loki <nomail@nomail> wrote:
> > I know what you're getting at.  In fact I suggested a similar change in
> > implementation a while ago and was roundly accused of trolling for
> > mentioning it.
>
>   People don't get accused of trolling because of posting a suggestion.
> People get accused of trolling if they use a certain tone of voice, a
> certain attitude. It's not what is said but how.
>   Please don't twist the facts.
>
> --
>                                                           - Warp

Oh please.  I got accused of trolling by numerous people in one of my first
ever posts here for nothing more than asking basically the same thing as
above: why are properties like 'specular' and 'diffuse' limited to a
non-mappable scalar value?  It's a simple enough question and I had good
reason to ask it.

-