POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : color modulation in textures : Re: color modulation in textures Server Time
29 Jul 2024 18:16:42 EDT (-0400)
  Re: color modulation in textures
From: tahoma
Date: 11 May 2005 10:30:00
Message: <web.428216a39d44ff21d1428acf0@news.povray.org>
>  However, you can (with a bit of work) create multiple textures which blend
> together the required aspects.  It is still not as versatile as mapping to
> different channels, and with complex textures it can be a real brain-ache
> to get it right, but it does offer some of the functionality that it sounds
> like you're used to.  Oh for a truly world-class hypergraph. ;)

Thank you.
Ok, assuming i just have 1 diffuse map (image_map). How can i modulate this
image_map with a constant color with povray? I tried the "texture_map" with
all different modes but i could not manage to modulate all textures. I dont
want to fetch the pigment just from an image_map.
A really ugly workaround i can image of is to modulate the original
image_map with the color, save it to disk and give it povray to render. But
as i said, really ugly.

Example:

texture {
  average   // why not 'modulate'?