POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Weird side-effect of wrinkles in a normal... : Re: Weird side-effect of wrinkles in a normal... Server Time
29 Jul 2024 18:28:07 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Weird side-effect of wrinkles in a normal...
From: JYR
Date: 9 May 2005 09:35:00
Message: <web.427f66a9cae8a0096a3607400@news.povray.org>
"Abe" <bul### [at] taconicnet> wrote:
> No big insight, except that it might be related to the original normal
> perturbation function used by wrinkles. Try substituting
> pigment_pattern{wrinkles} or function{f_wrinkles(x,y,z)} (along with
> functions.inc) for wrinkles. It's not a perfect solution, but at least it
> is close.
>
> Abe

Thanks to all for your answers! Abe, "pigment_pattern{wrinkles}" works just
fine. I really didn't think of converting a pattern initially created for
normal (ditto POV-Ray manual, 3.5.11.37) into a pigment pattern to use it
in a normal. And even better: i think your workaround makes a better rough
wall finish than directly applying a "wrinkles" normal pattern.

I can now go on with my scene, but I guess that leaves the following issue
open: "is it a bug or a feature?" ;-)

J-Y