POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Raytracing in 1525 AD : Re: Raytracing in 1525 AD Server Time
1 Aug 2024 20:11:39 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Raytracing in 1525 AD
From: Rene Bui
Date: 3 May 2005 14:15:01
Message: <web.4277bf156754b92198ce58760@news.povray.org>
"Gilles Tran" <tra### [at] inapgfr> wrote:
> I don't remember exactly how the
> "pixel" is recorded, but I think it's by using some sort of cross-hair
> device attached to the frame (what the guy on the right is doing). I'll
> check later.
>
> And yes, it took time ;)
>
> G.

In the open frame there are two cross-wires, one horizontal which move up
and down and the vertical one can move left-right/right-left. They are used
to coincide with the string. Then the string is released and the paper (or
canvas or wood plank etc) is turned back to the frame, and the point is
marked with a pencil. Repeat that until the image (made of points) is
accurate enough.
very,very long process... that's why they are 2 guys on the print, "Albrecht
Durer and Associated" ;-)

Rene
http://rene.bui.free.fr - online portfolio