POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Textures and mesh2 objects : Textures and mesh2 objects Server Time
29 Jul 2024 18:20:09 EDT (-0400)
  Textures and mesh2 objects
From: povray
Date: 30 Apr 2005 11:00:01
Message: <web.42739c9a41e1513486cac9ba0@news.povray.org>
Is there an easy way to texture a large (4 million+ triangle) mesh2 object
from an image file?  I'm trying to do some hi-res mars renders from
elevation data.  I can build the model, but I haven't thought of an easy to
to get the right colors onto it.  I have a .png mars texture, but it
doesn't want to play nice with the mesh2.  If someone could point me to an
example it would be much apreciated.