POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : fading a transparant object (glass) : fading a transparant object (glass) Server Time
29 Jul 2024 18:26:50 EDT (-0400)
  fading a transparant object (glass)
From: etrash2000
Date: 29 Apr 2005 08:35:00
Message: <web.427228d8fcbe9dc1603e81820@news.povray.org>
First some background:

I would like to make a rendering of some machine parts containing both solid
objects (steel and plastics) and transparent objects (glass). In order to
clearify for the user how the machine is built I would like to fade away
different parts of the machine as an animation. For fading the solid
objects I found the following code on this site:

//---------  code  -----------------------------------
  #declare texture0 = texture { pigment {rgbt 1} }
  #declare texture1 = texture { pigment {rgb  1} }
  // where texture1 can be any texture with t=0

  sphere { 0, 1
         texture { average
                   texture_map { [(1- clock) texture1 ]
                                 [(clock)    texture0 ]
                   }
         }
  }

This code does not work if the the object is transparent, such as the
following definition

#declare material1 = material { texture {pigment{rgbt 1}} interior{ior 1.5}
}

Is it possible to fade away objects such as glasses without changing the
interior properties such as the ior.

Regards,
Etrash2000