POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Why can I see my transparent cone? : Re: Why can I see my transparent cone? Server Time
29 Jul 2024 18:16:34 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Why can I see my transparent cone?
From: Carl
Date: 24 Apr 2005 12:45:01
Message: <web.426bc9daf1dd336f3f2fc0d20@news.povray.org>
> light_group{}?
>
> Marc

Yes, that is what I was thinking of but it doesn't work.  I took the union
of my light sources and decaled them as "lights" and tried this:

  light_group {
    light_source {Lights}
    object {GameGrid (520,520,2) translate <2,0,2> rotate 90*y}
    object {Arena}
    global_lights off
  }

My game grid or arena floor and the walls of the arena should be all that
see the light souces.  I left the fog, the sky_sphere, and the tranparent
cones outside of the light group and it doesn't work.

Arg... arg... arg... I'll post links to a few pictures in a few minutes.

Carl