POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Why can I see my transparent cone? : Re: Why can I see my transparent cone? Server Time
29 Jul 2024 18:20:22 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Why can I see my transparent cone?
From: Carl
Date: 24 Apr 2005 11:25:00
Message: <web.426bb96df1dd336f3f2fc0d20@news.povray.org>
Thanks for the explanation Slime.  Here is another idea that explanation
gave me that almost works.  Replace the cone above with this one:

cone {<0,0,0>, 1, <0,50,0>, 0 pigment { rgbt <1,1,1,2.5> } hollow scale 40
translate <2000,0,0>}

Leave everything else the same.  It's now much harder to see.  The other
thought I had was is there a way I could place a column of media at that
location without having to put it inside a container?  I've played with the
ground fog and for other reasons I think I like a constant fog better.  The
other idea I'm thinking about is using a finite media instead of the
infinate fog however I'm sure that will slow things down.

Again thanks for the help,
Carl