POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : Liquid animation 6 : Liquid animation 6 Server Time
8 Jul 2024 08:53:58 EDT (-0400)
  Liquid animation 6
From: fidos
Date: 22 Apr 2005 15:35:01
Message: <web.42695133d4211a5278b5b33e0@news.povray.org>
Helo,

I'm posting a new fluid animation.

The movement of the cube is computed with the MechSim patch. The simulation
of the fluid is done with a program I wrote. The rendering is done with
MegaPOV 1.0.

Following the advice of Tim Nikias in a previous post, I put effort on the
rendering. I used transparency for the fluid, photon for caustics,
radiosity and pseudo HDRI (I used the office 3 map and include file
pHDRI.inc from the page of Jaime Vives Piqueres :
http://www.ignorancia.org/tech_page.php?image=17&db=tips).

The target was to be as realistic as possible.

I see 2 weak points :
- The caustics aren't sharp enough (I used 500000 photons per frame, It
seems to small but I anderstand it to late...).
- The fluid -> object influence is missing. It would have slow down the
object when it is progressing in the water. I tried to simulate it with
some friction in MechSim, but It wasn't enough.

Any Comment is wellcome.

Regards,
Fidos

The video is MPEG1 encoded.