POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Positioning a camera : Re: Positioning a camera Server Time
1 Aug 2024 20:08:23 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Positioning a camera
From: Cesar
Date: 17 Apr 2005 09:40:00
Message: <web.4262667f1c98b29b6ef2a7230@news.povray.org>
> And does so rightly,
>
> 0.198669*1.30349 + 0.980067*(-0.26423) = 4.86e-8 != 0.0
>
> Specifying the up and right vector the way you did it usually does not
> make sense.  You usually orient the camera with look_at or rotations and
> leave up and right as default (except aspect ratio).  See the docs,
> "3.3.1.1.5 Up and Right Vectors" for more explanation.
>
> And no, using doubles in your program won't help since you transfer the
> numbers in decimal ascii.
>
> Christoph
>
> --
> POV-Ray tutorials, include files, Sim-POV,
> HCR-Edit and more: http://www.tu-bs.de/~y0013390/
> Last updated 27 Feb. 2005 _____.//^>_*_<^/.______

Ok... Could I use look-at and use my recently calculated up-vector as sky?
Would that work? Or I have to use "angle" to make it right? Problems aside,
this subject brings me to another question: is there a way to make povray
accept the non-perpendicular vectors and generate a distorted image? I
could be interested in that...