POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Lightsys Reflective Spectral data : Re: Lightsys Reflective Spectral data Server Time
1 Aug 2024 22:17:43 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Lightsys Reflective Spectral data
From: fls13
Date: 11 Apr 2005 10:55:00
Message: <web.425a8f3f78358dd844a2d5f80@news.povray.org>
Anyhow, for regular scenes you can do
> as me: just use the lightsys macros with the predefined spectrums, and
> play a bit with the brightness and the white point to get the feel you want.

Ah, and how do you do that? :O) I'd be happy to write a tutorial on that
alone if I understood how. I set up a page with some figure meshes hacked
into the demos and the camera moved about.
http://www.geocities.com/fls13ec/PovTest-Lightsys4.html

For example, what do the .inc files actually include? I see in
lightsys_constants.inc file certain brands of light bulbs are assigned a
certain amount of lumens. Then there is a relationship with a spline that
is defined in either espd_cie_standard.inc or espd_lightsys.inc. At least I
think. How do you insert in a scene a GE 100 watt lightbulb in a particular
location, like a lamp? Or how about sunlight streaming through a window
into a room?