POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Render server on Web : Re: Render server on Web Server Time
1 Aug 2024 22:22:36 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Render server on Web
From: Mienai
Date: 5 Apr 2005 03:15:01
Message: <web.42523a297a184edc5520b9220@news.povray.org>
"BassPlayer" <rha### [at] uccsedu> wrote:
> So, are there any pitfalls to my plan?  I don't plan to throw it open to the
> world (sotty, by my ISP would kill me!) so bandwidth isn't really an issue.
>  If it works, I may try to find someplace to host it for others.

Can't think of any problems immediately, sounds like a decent enough plan,
although I think there might be some php exploits that may or may not have
been fixed yet, you may want to look into that.

As for not installing software on other computers, I don't know if this
counts or not but I installed an ssh client and my IM software (Trillian)
onto a USB drive I carry with me and run the software off of it.  That way
I don't ever install on others computers while I'm travelling or at school
and don't have to worry about being out of touch.