POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Use of POV-ray as a stitching software to assemble panoramas : Re: Use of POV-ray as a stitching software to assemble panoramas Server Time
1 Aug 2024 22:15:39 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Use of POV-ray as a stitching software to assemble panoramas
From: Erwan
Date: 29 Mar 2005 07:00:00
Message: <web.4249427e34a4a27cd23d39690@news.povray.org>
"Thomas de Groot" <t.d### [at] internlnet> wrote:
> Impressive. Only in the sky pigments are the stitches, slightly visible. I
> suppose that you put a light also at the camera position? ...
> Instead of boxes, you could use also polygons (easier to
> map?)
> Thomas

Thomas: thanks for your coments. No lights used. Just a simple finish:
ambient 1 diffuse 0. Ambient may be slightly tuned >1 or <1, to adjust
images brightnesses (blending). Although doing that on a first step with a
dedicaced sofware (PS, the Gimp...) is far better. You're certainly right
about using polygons instead of boxes. Polygons, or another sort of patch
object, associated with UV_mapping is probably a powerful way to morph and
finely stitch difficult images. I will try. I guess we may probably control
a lot of stitching processes needed to assemble Panoramas with use of
POV-ray.