POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Use of POV-ray as a stitching software to assemble panoramas : Use of POV-ray as a stitching software to assemble panoramas Server Time
1 Aug 2024 22:20:41 EDT (-0400)
  Use of POV-ray as a stitching software to assemble panoramas
From: Erwan
Date: 28 Mar 2005 17:00:01
Message: <web.42487cc55365502360f47bb90@news.povray.org>
We may use POV-ray as a powerful stitching software, to stitch pictures and
assemble panorama. This is quite simple, for example:
create boxes, same width/height ratio than the pictures
texture the boxes with pictures image map
"translate" the boxes on a distant sphere, positions shifted as the
different pictures to stitch.
Finally, add a camera on the center of the virtual sphere...
I post an image made by the Rover Spirit to illustrate the result (images
thread)