POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Virtual Parabolic Mirrors : Re: Virtual Parabolic Mirrors Server Time
29 Jul 2024 20:27:06 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Virtual Parabolic Mirrors
From: Catseyeman
Date: 22 Mar 2005 23:10:00
Message: <web.4240eaea17258e13a044d34b0@news.povray.org>
"Tom Melly" <pov### [at] tomandlucouk> wrote:
> "Catseyeman" <fly### [at] catseyecollimationcom> wrote in message
> > Does POV-Ray have the ability to generate and reveal the "real" images (at
> > it's focal point) of objects placed at the "center of curvature (twice the
> > focal length)" of a parabolic mirror (defined as a 2nd-order Infinite
> Solid
> > Object with "Mirror" finish)?
>
> Do you mean like the optical illusion mirrors? Don't see why not. If it's
> relevant to what you want to achieve, you might need photons, but afaik they
> wouldn't be required.
>
> Suck it and see?

Yes, like the 2 parabolic trick mirrors that face each other.  The one on
the top has a hole in it and when an object is placed in the center of the
bottom mirror, it's "image" is projected out the hole of the top miror.  It
looks like the object in all it's 3D slendor as if you could touch it, but
it's just a "real" image.... kind of like a hologram.

I'm not familiar with "using photons".  How do you do this?