POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : WindowsXPpro and Low CPU Utilization : WindowsXPpro and Low CPU Utilization Server Time
29 Jul 2024 20:23:55 EDT (-0400)
  WindowsXPpro and Low CPU Utilization
From: jdgonko
Date: 22 Mar 2005 00:00:00
Message: <web.423fa4f8860b7343b86d3b2b0@news.povray.org>
Hello.  I'm a new Povray user and using version 3.6 on Windows XPpro.

No matter what I set the process priority at, the CPU usage stays at 25%
with perhaps the very occasional peak of 26%.

Question is, how do I instruct Povray to hog all the CPU resources?

It almost seems like Povray is being throttled someway...

This is a dual Xeon (3.2ghz) system and I want to see what it can do!!
<grin>

Thanks for any advice.
Joe