POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.windows : .POV Files - How to run renderer, not editor : .POV Files - How to run renderer, not editor Server Time
26 Jun 2024 04:00:44 EDT (-0400)
  .POV Files - How to run renderer, not editor
From: boris zhmud
Date: 19 Mar 2005 12:20:01
Message: <web.423c5e681021279a8cf02b10@news.povray.org>
I'm wondering if there is a way to instruct POV-Ray to render .pov files
when double-clicked in Windows Explorer. It seems I tried all possible
switches and nothing helps - always editor window opens. The direct
rendering was very convenient for molecular modelling packages such as
HyperChem, which automatically generate a pov file (language version 3.0),
run POV-Ray and expect to get a bitmap (.bmp) out of it to display. This
option was present in POV-Ray 3.1 (user preferences were requested during
setup).

Thanks in advance.