POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Is it possible to render a model instead of an image? (Per-vertex coloring) : Is it possible to render a model instead of an image? (Per-vertex coloring) Server Time
29 Jul 2024 20:23:29 EDT (-0400)
  Is it possible to render a model instead of an image? (Per-vertex coloring)
From: beason at cs fsu edu
Date: 10 Mar 2005 21:55:01
Message: <web.4231085c7311ccbdd9039e4e0@news.povray.org>
Is it possible to render a MODEL instead of an IMAGE?
(Is it possible to store rendered colors with a mesh?)

In my ray tracer it's possible to sample the radiance on each triangle in a
mesh and store the (averaged) colors per-vertex in the mesh. When viewing
the mesh you then see the ray traced colors with per-vertex coloring.
(Since diffuse refelection is view-independant this works very well if the
mesh uses a diffuse BRDF.)

Is it possible to do this with POVRay? Sorry, but I am new to POVRay.

Thanks for any tips!
Kevin