POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.animations : AVI or MPEG? : Re: AVI or MPEG? Server Time
1 Jul 2024 04:50:21 EDT (-0400)
  Re: AVI or MPEG?
From: gregjohn
Date: 9 Mar 2005 12:20:00
Message: <web.422f2fd5a206947c40d56c170@news.povray.org>
ABX <abx### [at] abxartpl> wrote:
> There is plenty of Windows installs in companies with disabled feature of
> installing anything different than OS delivered (which include pure
> old-fashioned MPG playing). IMO posting DIVX vs. MPG is the same kind of
> courtesy like posting HTML vs. plain text emails.

ABX's note match my experience.  Furthermore, I once was lurking about some
forums for the 10secondclub.org.  There was a guy who was an actual
professional animator complaining about how he couldn't see someone's demo
reel because it was on some bleeding edge video format.   The guy
apparently only had spare time to browse other folks' animation work during
coffee breaks on a machine actually used to render movies, and he was
asking folks for an MPG-1.