POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Overwriting identifiers : Overwriting identifiers Server Time
2 Aug 2024 00:14:26 EDT (-0400)
  Overwriting identifiers
From: Steely
Date: 8 Mar 2005 04:25:00
Message: <web.422d6e9051d12b83525af0a60@news.povray.org>
Hi, folks,

this thing drives me crazy, so any and every hint will be helpful ;-)

I have a few dozen include-files merged in a single scene-file. Every .inc
contains a few identifiers. Now for one single shot inside a longer
animation I want to overwrite the values of the identifiers (simply
changing from 1 to 0). After this shot the identifiers should "return" to
their original values. Therefore I want to overwrite the values inside the
scene-file. But, as you might guess, I dont get it to work. I have tried
several ways, but nothing works, it seems, the SDL has no way to do this
:-(

..inc depending of clock. But as it affects only 30 frames of the animation
(and the .incs will be needed also for stills and other animations without

overwrite them directly inside the .pov

TIA for any help

Rm