POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : variable interference : variable interference Server Time
2 Aug 2024 00:15:52 EDT (-0400)
  variable interference
From: Barehunter
Date: 6 Mar 2005 09:20:00
Message: <web.422b10b98ec2f0c4411f026c0@news.povray.org>
if a named object/variable in an inc file shares the same name as one in a
different inc file, and they are both used in the same pov file, will they
interfere with each other? Let me explain. I have been commissioned to
render a certain webcomic artist's characters. I put each character in it's
own inc so I can do the various comic in 3D. I use variables like
"RightUpperArmTurn". So farI have only done each character separate. But
soon I will have to do scenes containing more then one character. If I
render as is, will the RightUpperArmTurn of the first character effect the
second? or vice versa? If necessary, I can go thru each inc and put the
character's initials at the start of each variable but that would be a pain
in the butt.