POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Object oriented Povray? (Modifying existing objects) : Re: Object oriented Povray? (Modifying existing objects) Server Time
8 Sep 2024 05:59:25 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Object oriented Povray? (Modifying existing objects)
From: ekolis
Date: 28 Feb 2005 20:50:00
Message: <web.4223c982fd3c3a0b820779d30@news.povray.org>
Cool!
Basically what I wanted to do is have a set of base objects like a laser
cannon and a particle gun and such (I'm making images for a Space Empires
IV mod inspired by Master of Orion II ;-), but generate a bunch of
variations on each of them (for various enhancements that can be applied,
such as "heavy" or "armor piercing") by running through a loop and doing
modifications (like scaling up or adding coolant tubes)... it would take
forever to do all the possibilities, but if I could use a single script to
render all the images, and just include the actual models from exported
..ini files from KPovModeler... ;-)
And if you're a fan of MOO2, yes, there will be a heavy point defense shield
piercing armor piercing no range dissipation autofire continuous enveloping
ion pulse cannon image, even though MOO2 never allowed such a thing...
mwahahaha! :-D