POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Object oriented Povray? (Modifying existing objects) : Object oriented Povray? (Modifying existing objects) Server Time
2 Aug 2024 00:16:18 EDT (-0400)
  Object oriented Povray? (Modifying existing objects)
From: ekolis
Date: 28 Feb 2005 16:45:01
Message: <web.4223902ef4bf0e27820779d30@news.povray.org>
I know you can use #declare statements to create reusable objects, but is
there any way to modify individual instance once they've been instantiated?
Or is that not a feature of the language at this point? I'm thinking of
something like this:

#declare ball = sphere
{
 // basic ball attributes go here
}

ball ball1, ball2, ball3
ball1.translate<0,1,0>
ball2.pigment = rgb<1,0,0>
ball3.scale<10,10,10>

Apologies for the poor syntax; I haven't worked much with raw Povray code
lately!