POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : One way glass / sunglasses : Re: One way glass / sunglasses Server Time
2 Aug 2024 02:22:01 EDT (-0400)
  Re: One way glass / sunglasses
From: J  F  Miller
Date: 27 Feb 2005 01:50:00
Message: <web.42216c81ef7853fa60ec80cf0@news.povray.org>
Rick Measham <nomail@nomail> wrote:
> I've now created my sunglasses by hand (I'll post into PBI in a couple
> of minutes). However I'm not happy with the lenses. I don't want a
> surface that's 100% opaque, like using a silver or chrome. But right now
> I'm having the problem that my specs are semi transparent and so the
> surface behind them is being reflected around and is visible through the
> glasses. (If that's not the phenomena I'm seeing, please correct me)
>
> Has anyone done such a surface before? I'd love it to REALLY be one-way
> so that I can see from the back, but no the front.
>
> Cheers!
> Rick Measham

I think I can guess the problem.  You have applied a semi transparent
reflective texture to the whole lens.  For sunglasses, only the front face
of the lens is mirrored.  to correct the problem apply your gurrent texture
to one half the part of a CSG element forming just the front half the lens
and a different on to the back.

JFMILLER