POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Old - newbie asks... Where are some inc. files gone? : Re: Old - newbie asks... Where are some inc. files gone? Server Time
29 Jul 2024 20:25:57 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Old - newbie asks... Where are some inc. files gone?
From: Juke
Date: 24 Feb 2005 14:15:00
Message: <web.421e2799cc4d6ba3f5b8a04a0@news.povray.org>
"Bob Hughes" <omn### [at] charternet> wrote:
> "Juke" <juk### [at] nicfi> wrote in message
> > Hi, I haven't used povray for years, for almost 10 years actually.
>
> Wow!  ;-)  That's a long break from rendering with POV-Ray.

Yeah, it's really long :) Still I remember most of povray's language
keywords :)

> > Now I wanted to render my old pictures, but with latest povray (3.6 for
> > windows), povray fails to find some basic include files, like "fov.inc"?
> >
> > These aren't even included with bundle?
>
> A new keyword 'angle' changed the way POV would do field of view. Used to be
> that 'direction' was the only way. I'd guess the include file was dropped
> for that reason.
> You could search the internet and get the file again, I found it using
> google with just:  fov.inc povray

Thanks for the tip! I also remember that I should have old povray bundles in
first povray CD-rom :) And I think it's also included in (old) Ray Tracing
Creations book.

> > What should I do? Is there more uncompatibility than this (during times I
> > used povray heavily, it was in version 2.1).
>
> Placement of some keywords might be trouble, but I think the #version
> directive will help there.

Thanks!

> > Any suggestions? I really have lot of scenes that I want to re-render to
> > bigger resolution than was possible those old 486-times :)
>
> Just be sure to use the directive #version 2 at the start of your old files.
> I can't say if that'll solve every compatibility issue though. Watch the
> message window during and after renders for warnings so you can try and
> correct any.
>
> Welcome back from the farthest reaches of POV time. Maybe others here will
> have more input to add.

If nothing else helps, then I could propably try render these images with
old povray binaries :)

Regards,
  Juke