POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.animations : Need help fast! : Need help fast! Server Time
1 Jul 2024 05:12:34 EDT (-0400)
  Need help fast!
From: Borodog
Date: 24 Feb 2005 13:25:00
Message: <web.421e1adf3a10b8eeca937fd00@news.povray.org>
Hi all. I haven't used POVRay in several years, and now I find myself in the
position of needing help fast.

I teach physics at the North Carolina School of Science and Math, and have
some students working on a project concerning the physics of snowboarding.
They've created a model that simulates a downhill snowboard run, saving the
data in a plain text file containing x and y position, angle of attack of
the board, and direction of motion for successive timesteps.

I've created a POVRay source file of a snowboarder on an incline, and know
how to modify the source file to rotate and translate the character.
However, I need to know how to take the data generated by the simulation
and somehow plug it into the POVRay scene file and make a series of
rendered images and stitch them together and make an animation.

I did this sort of thing 5 or 6 years ago, but I was using an entirely
different platform, and it's been a long, long time. Can anyone give me the
quickest and dirtiest way to take our dataset and produce an animation?
Time is very short.

For what it's worth, we're running on Windows XP.

Thanks for any help you can provide.

Dr. Michael Owen
mow### [at] ncrrcom