POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Compition (sort of) - read if you are new to POV (less than a year) : Re: Compition (sort of) - read if you are new to POV (less than a year) Server Time
2 Aug 2024 00:19:23 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Compition (sort of) - read if you are new to POV (less than a year)
From: Ghost Dog
Date: 24 Feb 2005 05:45:01
Message: <web.421dafc312fad2095eae3a90@news.povray.org>
Kevin Wampler <wam### [at] cswashingtonedu> wrote:
> You know, I really like this idea.  In addition to giving those less
> experienced with a chance to compete, I'm interested in seeing some of
> the early works created by some of the people around here.
>
> If I can find an old piece of mine, I think I'd we willing the accept
> the embarrassment of others seeing it in return for seeing some other
> people's early works.

This was the intended idea - I think it would be interesting to chart the
rise and development of POV-RAY without all the add-ons. I wanted to see
how the boundaries were re-established in this community time and time
again. I'm really hoping for early versions so people can appreciate how
much effort goes into POV-RAY pre-GUI.
About the experience - I think it would be fair to count in actual POV-Time,
i.e building scenes from conception to completion.