POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : Liquid animation : Liquid animation Server Time
8 Jul 2024 08:24:30 EDT (-0400)
  Liquid animation
From: fidos
Date: 23 Feb 2005 15:30:02
Message: <web.421ce75df0e081cec279c45b0@news.povray.org>
Hi,

I'm testing the animation of liquid and the rending in POVRay.

I post my first results : the animation of a liquid pourred in a transparent
glass.

For the simulation of the liquid, I used a program that I wrote in C using
the level set method and the solving of the NS equations. For each frame,
the program generate an isosurface file in the dfd format. When I finished
the simulation, I load the file in POVRay for rendering.

The simulation was around 3 days long (but htere is a lot of room for
optimisation !!!) and the rending around 5 days long.

Regards,

Fidos

Post a reply to this message

Attachments: