POV-Ray : Newsgroups : irtc.stills : Re: Rules violations? : Re: Rules violations? Server Time
28 Apr 2024 22:14:32 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Rules violations?
From: The Mad Hatter
Date: 22 Feb 2005 17:10:00
Message: <web.421bad2fa5a3c645721eaaf60@news.povray.org>
It seems that a lot of voters here are not reading the rules correctly
(nothing ever changes).  Also, it seems that very little people either
subscribe to the mailing list, or bother to read it.  Perhaps this is why
old discussed topics keep ending up here again?

It was my understanding that panel judges agreed a long time ago that there
is nothing wrong with re-sizing an image down.  In fact, it was even
mentioned on the irtc site somewhere that it was in fact recomended for
users with a render engine that either has no AA, or poor AA, that they
could use this method.  Why should they suffer?

Come on people...  If we are going to get all technical on knocking down
people's scores, at least learn the rules before jumping to wrong
conclusions.  I have seen many users in the past lose points for going the
extra distance and putting in hard work on certain effects.  Why?  Because
the person voting didn't have a proper clue on how to vote yet thought they
did.

It just pains me to see this.

Thank you.