POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Compition (sort of) - read if you are new to POV (less than a year) : Compition (sort of) - read if you are new to POV (less than a year) Server Time
2 Aug 2024 00:19:03 EDT (-0400)
  Compition (sort of) - read if you are new to POV (less than a year)
From: Ghost Dog
Date: 22 Feb 2005 10:40:01
Message: <web.421b5216fe6c82bd95eae3a90@news.povray.org>
I'm still quite new, and I want to see how quick other newbies are learning.
So, I'm proposing a new compition. There's no prize I'm afraid, but all you
have to do is post up an image that only used POV-RAY (add-on GUIs, e.g
Moray are not allowed, but #includes or #macros are fine). Make sure it's
titled something appropriate ("POVCOMP for Newbies" would be perfect) and
put in the images board. (povray.binaries/images, and I invite ANYONE, new
or old to put in their opinions. You can take as long as you want, but keep
an eye out on the newsgroup so you will know if a closing date has been
agreed upon later.
Here's the catch: I don't want anyone with over 2 year's experience posting
images. The "experts" can, however post images they produced when they were
new.
I'm fussy what version of Pov-Ray created the image, so anyone can post
early work, as long as you indicate how long you have been Povvin'
Oh, one more thing - no spheres on checkered planes - I mean your first REAL
masterpiece :D