POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Shiny reflection on white plane : Shiny reflection on white plane Server Time
29 Jul 2024 22:29:19 EDT (-0400)
  Shiny reflection on white plane
From: goran17
Date: 20 Feb 2005 03:00:01
Message: <web.4218428e5f9cc17cdc00cc980@news.povray.org>
Hi,

I have just recently stumbled upon POV-Ray, and i am really impressed. It
need it forr something what i thiught will be simple task, I want to make
an image like this: http://www.keywordsanalyzer.com/images/KA-7-v3.jpg

The problem is the white shiny reflection on the floor.

I have managed to apply image on the side of the box (only one side at the
moment, but I will manage it, I guess). I have even found out I have to use
interpolate to make the image nicer. However, no matter how hard I try I
can't get that white floor with reflection. The best I have come up with
is:
http://www.keywordsanalyzer.com/temp/MyTry.gif

This is what I used (disregard two light sources, I need only one). I tried
many different settings for plane's texture like ambient, difussion .. bu
it didn't help.

I would just like to know if this kinf of image is possible with PovRay
(which I guess is), and in what direction I should look at.

#include "colors.inc"    // The include files contain
#include "stones.inc"    // pre-defined scene elements

camera {
    location <0, 1.5, -3>
    look_at  <0, 0.5, 0>
  }

light_source { <1, 2, -3> color White}

// An infinite planar surface
// plane {<A, B, C>, D } where: A*x + B*y + C*z = D
plane {
  y, // <X Y Z> unit surface normal, vector points "away from surface"
  -0 // distance from the origin in the direction of the surface normal
  hollow on // has an inside pigment?
    texture
    {
pigment {White} finish {reflection {0.7}}     }
}

// An area light (creates soft shadows)
// WARNING: This special light can significantly slow down rendering times!
light_source {
  0*x                 // light's position (translated below)
  color rgb 1.0       // light's color
  area_light
  <8, 0, 0> <0, 0, 8> // lights spread out across this distance (x * z)
  4, 4                // total number of lights in grid (4x*4z = 16 lights)
  adaptive 0          // 0,1,2,3...
  jitter              // adds random softening of light
  circular            // make the shape of the light circular
  orient              // orient light
  translate <40, 80, -40>   // <x y z> position of light
}

// create a box that extends between the 2 specified points
box {
  <0, 0, 0>  // one corner position <X1 Y1 Z1>
  <1,  1,  0.4>  // other corner position <X2 Y2 Z2>
    texture
    {
        pigment
        {