POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : Rendering CDs (diffraction) : Re: Rendering CDs (diffraction) Server Time
26 Jun 2024 15:56:35 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Rendering CDs (diffraction)
From: Warwick
Date: 16 Feb 2005 19:50:00
Message: <web.4213e831f6fe3617ec12ceb00@news.povray.org>
"Warwick" <nomail@nomail> wrote:
> I'm going to fiddle around and see how far I get - iridescence uses
> light/surface angle, and I believe I should be able to make some progress

So I've had a fiddle, and managed this - no photons involved, very fast
render.

http://www.baverstock.org.uk/tim/images/povdemo5.jpg

Kinda pretty.

Here's most of the hack - the rest is just trivially changing all the
do_irid()
function calls so they supply REye as the third parameter.

http://www.baverstock.org.uk/tim/images/lighting.cpp

Any good? I haven't a clue what the Travel_Diff *1000 scaling factor's
doing - what are POVRay's native units anyway?

I need to work out how to make Track_Field represent CD tracks on a flat
surface - it's currently just a constant vector.

Cheers,

Tim.