POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unix : Povray optimization on G5 : Re: Povray optimization on G5 Server Time
3 Jul 2024 12:42:03 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Povray optimization on G5
From: popov
Date: 3 Feb 2005 20:05:00
Message: <web.4202c7496433660fe0309d820@news.povray.org>
> popov wrote:
> > Thorsten, do you have a link to the developer page you mentioned?
>
> The page: The whole developer documentation on the compiler flags. Read
> them, understand what they say and what it implies.
>
> > I would like to know more about this.
> > Till now, I mostly get answers like "you are unexperienced...,it shows that
> > you are...,better do not compile...,"
> >
> > I make a suggestion:
> > Could you please communicate in a more constructive way and tell me
> > references to qualified technical documentation proofing what you are
> > saying?
>
> You have a fundamental misconception here: I have absolutely nothing to
> prove when it comes to POV-Ray and in particular when it comes to deal with
> the POV-Ray source code!  Either take my hints and my word for them or leave
> it and deal with the problems if you think you know better.  I am not a
> personal how-to-compile POV-Ray babysitter, nor do I have the time for it.
> This whole discussion is taking longer than it should have in the first
> place.  Sorry to be so direct, but compiling POV-Ray is _your_ problem
> alone, it is unsupported, so take what you can get and be happy!
>
>  Thorsten

Thanx for your replies.
Your initial answer is in contradiction to the documentation I've referenced
to you.
I thought it would be of some interest, since others might have encountered
the same problem.
In the section of documentation about the compiler flags (I think it is the
same as the manual pages - man gcc) I cannot clearly see your point.
The ongoing and (indeed to long and time consuming) discussion has primarly
one goal for me: To find the correct answer.
As you suggested, I think it is best to stop here. Others may contribute to
the discussion..

Again, thank you very much,

Regards,

        wv