POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : animation to change size : Re: animation to change size Server Time
29 Jul 2024 22:25:27 EDT (-0400)
  Re: animation to change size
From: kmac99
Date: 25 Jan 2005 22:50:01
Message: <web.41f7127d348d029f0c88ee30@news.povray.org>
Thanks for the quick respone.

I've just experimented with the second option.  I will be performing the
same action on a number of objects, so it may be easier to have initial
size that grows by 5% per frame.  At the moment it's not clear how many
frames will be required.  Exposing my ignorance I don't quite understand
the transformation,

2 * pow(1 + X, frame_number)

Why multiply by 2?

Related to the above, how would I apply the same to the following,

isosurface {

  function{
  f_rounded_box(x,y,z,0.3,1.9,0.9,0.9)
   -f_marble(x*3,y*2,z*2)*0.15
   -f_bumps(x*3,y*2,z*3)*0.75
  }

  contained_by {box {<-2,-1,-1>*2.2,<2,1,1>*2.2}}
  accuracy 0.003
  max_gradient 5
  scale 0.7
  texture{ pigment{color rgb<0.85,0.15,0.23>}
           //normal {bumps 0.25 scale 0.015 }
           finish {ambient 0.15 diffuse 0.75 phong 0.4 reflection 0.2}}
  rotate<0,30,0>
  translate <-0.2, 0.0, 0>

Is it possible to grow the object using the scale keyword?