POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : Animated Density : Re: Animated Density Server Time
8 Jul 2024 07:50:26 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Animated Density
From: Shurakai
Date: 24 Jan 2005 03:35:00
Message: <web.41f4b2e4eeade2994ccd982c0@news.povray.org>
> It plays for me, but it's all jittered... the animation isn't smooth. When I
> try to play it a second time without closing Windows Media Player, it
> doesn't play at all.
>
> You should consider encoding in a simpler format like MPEG (try tmpgenc)
> since that will work for more people and increase your chances of getting
> comments. =)

Hmmm, strange. I encountered this bug with Windows Media Player too when i
used older Xvid codecs. The reason might be that You need the latest XviD
codec installed. Or simply use the Video LAN client, a small video player
which playes all kind of movies without any problems. It can be found here
:

http://www.videolan.org/vlc/

I think TMPGEnc isn't freeware. I can only use it for 14 days than i need to
register. Not really usefull for me. I'm restricted to use freeware like
VirtualDUB, because i want to post my animations on my homepage later. I'll
look if i can find some free encoding software, because You are right,
MPEG-1 is the most common format for videos.

Shu.